Maingames company (www.maingames.com) respects the privacy rights of our users and is committed to protecting the information collected through its products, services, and websites accessed through any internet-capable hardware platform including personal computers, mobile computers, smartphones, or in-game applications or any software platform including Online Services.
- What information does Maingames collect?
- Personal/Non-personal Data
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- information that you provide us with when you fill in forms when accessing and/or using our Services, or when you create an account with us;
- details of your use of our Services and the resources that you access (for example, information about how and when you play our Games or visit our Website, what device you use to access our Services.
- if you contact us or respond to messages and communications that we send to you, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- your interactions with us on our social media channels such as Facebook and Google Plus (G+);
- we may obtain information about you from third parties who hold data about you and who agree to share this data with us; and
- information we collect via cookies and other similar technologies, as explained further below.
- Cookies & Advertising
- to allow us to recognize you and your device, for example by identifying your IP address;
- to allow our Services to interact with a third party social network or platform (where you have chosen to allow such interaction);
- to allow our payment processors to process your payment instructions;
- to enable us and third parties to provide you with more customized services, for example to provide our services in the correct language or to enable the provision of more relevant advertising to you; and
- to collect data such as: your device’s model, operating system and screen size, the other applications installed on your device, and information about how you use our Services.
Advertisers on mobile devices sometimes use advertising (or ad) identifiers to enable and optimize their advertising. Ad identifiers are non-permanent, non-personal, device identifiers such as the Android advertising ID and/or Apple’s ID for advertising, or IDFA. When we advertise our Services on mobile devices, we may use your device’s advertising identifier and other information associated with it, to help us to deliver ads that relate to your interests and to improve and measure the effectiveness of ad campaigns. You can choose to prevent your device’s ad identifier being used for interest based advertising, or you can reset your device’s ad identifier, by changing the settings of your device. Settings vary from device to device but if you are using an Apple device with iOS 7 or later you can find the ad identifier settings under Settings>Privacy>Advertising, and if you are using a Google Android device running Android 2.3 or later you can find the ad identifier settings in your app drawer under Google Settings>Ads.
- Payment Information
When you purchase Services on our website(s), we may collect certain payment information from you on behalf of our payment service providers, but this information is temporarily cached in a way that is unreadable by Maingames. When you purchase items via our apps (such as those you can purchase in the Apple App Store or Google Play Store) we do not collect or store any payment information from you.
- How will we use your Personal Information?
You agree that we (or a supplier or group company acting on our behalf and only under our instructions) may use your Personal Information for the purposes of:
- contacting you, for example as part of our customer support or to send you updates about our Services;
- managing your account and relationship with us and improving your experience when you use our Services;
- improving our Services, for example by helping us fix bugs or by providing Services updates;
- research, surveying, and engaging with you, for example by sending you communications (including by email) for these purposes;
- marketing and promotion of our Services or related products, for example sending you communications (including by email) for these purposes on our, or a third party's behalf. For example, we might send you information about new games or events. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, please let us know by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org;
- to personalize and optimize our Services, promotional content and advertising to you. For example, we may use the information we collect through cookies, ad identifiers and similar technologies to show you ads you may be interested in. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, you can opt-out by following the steps at section 3 above;
- to create reports, analysis or similar services for use by us for the purposes of research or business intelligence, for example to track potential problems or trends with our Services;
- preventing cheating, crime or fraud. We may also need to pass your information to fraud prevention agencies and other organizations involved in crime and fraud prevention;
- Will we share your Personal Information with third parties?
We will only share your data with third parties (for example, our group companies or suppliers):
- as reasonably necessary in order to provide the Services to you (for example, by providing your Personal Information to suppliers we may use to fulfil the Services or to communicate with you);
- where it is necessary to carry out your instructions (for example, to process a payment instruction we must provide your Personal Information to our payment processors);
- where your data is on an anonymous and aggregated basis, meaning you could not be personally identified from it;
- when you submit information as part of a competition or otherwise interact with our social media channels (for example, by providing a testimonial about one of our Services) we may publish the information you submitted, alongside your name and home country on our website(s) and social media channels;
- as we reasonably believe is permitted by law or regulation;
- in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions and/or any other agreement with you; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Maingames, our users, or others;
- Maingames Profile
Users of our Services may be automatically assigned a profile which is visible to other users of our Services. Your profile may include your username, photos, or other game play information and details of which other Maingames account holders have viewed your profile. Your profile will be visible to other users of our Services.
- For how long will we retain your information?
- How do we protect your Personal Information?
The security of your Personal Information is very important to us. We maintain appropriate technical and physical safeguards to protect your Personal Information against accidental or unlawful destruction or loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access, use and all other unlawful forms of processing of the data in our possession. However, since the internet is not a completely secure environment we cannot guarantee that information you transmit via our Games will not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed by breach of any of our safeguards.
- Your rights in relation to your Personal Information
We want to make sure that your Personal Information is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to modify, correct or remove information by contacting us at the email address above. Information that you have shared via our Services on any social network or third party platform cannot be amended or deleted by us where it is in the control of that social network or third party platform. In addition, where any third party copies information which you have made available via the use of our Services (for example, one of your friends on a social network you allow to interact with your account), we may not be able to amend or delete it because it may not be in our control.
You have the right to ask us not to use your Personal Information for marketing purposes. To change your marketing preferences, or to unsubscribe, please contact us at email@example.com.
- How to contact us?
To find out more about how your Personal Information will be used, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We hope that you won't have any complaints about us or our Services. If you are unhappy with our use of your Personal Information then please contact our customer services department by emailing to email@example.com
You also have the right to complain to your local data protection authority if there is a problem.
- Legal Matters